Monday, March 14, 2011

Internet finds!

While I was browsing a thread on CNCZone I stumbled on this wonderful website. It has some articles from some old popular science articles concerning metal forming, welding, machining, etc..

http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/features/category/how-to/page/2/

After browsing i came to some conclusions about my CNC router build. From looking at http://www.probotix.com/power_supplies, i decided that I need to utilize XLR connectors such as the ones from this website. They have 8 ports, so now I just need to source some shielded 4 pair wire to solder it too. I also need to ensure the gage is rated for the current. They only sold 22 gage wire there, while it was shielded, I want to be able to carry a higher load without concerns.

-------
Also found this AMAZING video, showing how with a simple mechanical advantage and some properly formed metal, you can make a suit that amplifies your movement. Iron man watch out! I'm excited because this is definitely one of the projects i want to do when i have free time. (If ever lol.) Studying for my two degrees, and moving onto my second internship is keeping me away from finishing the cnc!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment