Monday, October 5, 2009

Making a difference FEELS GOOD

I have found my calling in life. I love using my mind to make things better for other people.

While airsoft isn't the most noble of causes, it has shown me what a wonderful feeling it is to accomplish the bolded sentence above. My most recent success has been in the airsoft business though. I've developed a simple product to enhance the precision of a particular type of airsoft sniper rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgjwU_fhXoY

This video shows what that product is. I've kept it at a reasonable price for both the consumer, and myself. It's interesting to see how my Microeconomics class is applying to my small business, it is helping me identify supply and demand curves to get the optimal price point. Yet again, my education is really enhancing helping me be a better engineer.

Anyways, my excitement is due to the fact that I've received some great feedback from several users. While I had conducted several tests before releasing my product, it took a long time to start getting some user feedback. As everyone's rifle has different tolerance, I feared compatibility issues. I had to make some tough judgment calls about dimensions, and I seem to have made the right decisions, due to the feedback coming back.

My product has actually made a substantial improvement to the airsoft sniping community! I'm ecstatic!

Online Engineering, with Online Partner
This is only the beginning, I've been working on a project with a handy nice fellow named Noobie on the forums. We have been working together to pool our resources, and develop a complete kit that incorporates our individual components. I anticipate that we will release it very soon.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=86871.0

I have great respect for him, as he is easy to work with, and humble. Rare attributes to find in an engineering team. He is a skilled machinist, and generally knowledgeable about anything. He makes these trigger systems individually. So he is very skilled at prototyping.

Lastly, I modeled his trigger system for future development. Further developments of that are in the far future...


Modeled from:



Most importantly among all these projects. I'm learning a great deal about myself in terms of engineering. I'm like a locomotive... When I get rolling there's no stopping. :) Unless of course a girl gets in the way... LOL

No but really, I don't care if it's airsoft, automotive, aeronautics, a household appliance. It's clear to me now. I love using my brain to make the world a better place for others. And if I have to jump a few difficult hurdles to achieve that goal so be it. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment