Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Schoolwork update




I've been busy with school specifically ethics and micro-economics as they have been assigning nearly daily assignments of varying difficulty. While this is all going on we did a neat lab in Numeric Control Programming a week or two ago. The pictures show what i was able to accomplish with hand coding some g-code. I was limited because of time, and I wanted to do a much more elegant part, but had to settle for this.

Troy sent me the spindle model. I've been working on a similar part for our numeric control programming class as well, which i finished coding today. It was much more involved that the previous as i had to code in the rough and finishing pass, there was a lot of math involved to ensure clearance distances for the part were appropriate. Either way the lab assignment will help fabricating the spindle for the CNC machine that much easier.

Here's what the CNC lathe simulation for my Lab looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment